My paternal grandfather would occasionally profess, “Remember, the wisdom is in the questions, Kirk.” While this sometimes a kind way of saying I was talking too much, Ryan Holiday asserts a similar theme in his article, “12 questions that will change your life.” It is always a good time for questioning, resolutions and sound decisions.
Source: Thrive Global, January 1, 2018.
The right question at the right time can change the course of a life, can still a turbulent mind, or heal an angry heart. While every situation can generate its own, there are twelve questions, Holiday thinks that deserve to be asked many times over the course of a lifetime or even an individual day:
- Who do you spend time with?
- Is this in my control?
- What does your ideal day look like?
- To be or not to be?
- If I am not for me, who is? If I am only for me, who am I?
- What am I missing by choosing to worry or be afraid?
- Am I doing my job?
- What is the most important thing?
- Who is this for?
- Does this actually matter?
- Will this be alive time or dead time?
- Is this who I want to be?